Premium Business Listings
Premium Business Listings provide points of interest (POI) that help users and businesses locate interesting points on a map. MapQuest provides these Premium Business Listings to help customers with various functions. Business to Business customers may license POI data from MapQuest to help.
For example, if you are traveling in a city and you want to know how to get from the airport to a particular address, you can pick a POI (the airport) as your starting point. POIs are also used for corridor searching to show items of interest near a given route. Real estate firms can utilize POIs to display businesses and services near prospective homes, adding context to increase the likelihood of a sale. The map would display grocery stores, dry cleaners, gas stations, and other businesses in the neighborhoods to give users a sense of proximity to key services.
Premium Business Listings include approximately 11.4 million businesses and come from a compilation of multiple sources, such as:
- Yellow page directories
- Business white pages
- Utility connects and disconnects
- Postal address hygiene and national change of address (US Postal Service)
- Government new business filings
- Annual reports, SEC filings, 10K reports
- Business journals and trade directories
Licensors must adhere to certain restrictions in the use of Premium Business Listings. The following details some of the restrictions and limitations when using this data.
- Users may not use Premium Business Listings for marketing and lead generation.
- Users may not perform nationwide category searches of the Premium Business Listings.
- Users may not display ZIP and/or postal codes when displaying a page containing multiple listings.
- Users may not display more than 25 listings per page.
- Users may not display more than 150 results listings in response to a single query.
|Account Type||Has Access?|
|Community||Requires pay access. Please contact support.|
|Enterprise||Requires pay access. Please contact support.|
|Field Name||Field Type||Description|
|DisplayName||String||Name of the business|
|AddressLine1||String||Address #1 of the location|
|AddressLine2||String||Address #2 of the location|
|City||String||City of the location|
|State||String||State/Province of the location|
|Zip||String||Zip/Postal Code of the location|
|Plus4||String||Zip+4 Code of the location|
|Country||String||Country of the location|
|MainPhone||String||Phone number of the location|
|Emails||String||Email address of the location|
SIC code for the location
|cats||String||Classification name of the SIC code for the location|
|Department||String||Department of the location|
|Latitude||String||Latitude of the location|
|Longitude||String||Longitude of the location|
|GeocodeQuality||String||Geocode quality of the location|